What's new

Welcome to CPA Super Heroes CPA Super Heroes

Join one of the oldest and biggest Affiliate forums on the Internet. CPA Super Heroes is Highly moderated and SUpported by a great active community.

Ask Support For help

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Support Staff Quickly.

Advertise

Promote Your Product, Service via multiple ads type.

Upgrade

Upgrade Your account to get more features and access.

3 Copywriting Mistakes That Could Be Hurting Your Free Trial Engagement

L

lipiasia1

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Find a box with a CD-ROM in it, buy it, then learn how to use it.
That’s how I bought software as a kid. So when I first started working, I assumed that if I wanted to start using work-related software , I would have to pay for it the same way: upfront — site unseen! — just like the software of my youth.

I worried that I would have to justify the cost with only the specs, reviews, and sales guy’s word to make my case. (And if I was wrong, it would be my butt on the line.)
So I’m not exaggerating when I say that discovering I could try software for free actually improved my job performance and reduced new-on-the-job anxiety by ~62%.
Using a tool BEFORE I had to recommend it to my colleagues and pull out the corporate credit card gave me a chance to see which tools actually did what we wanted them to do.
All of a sudden, the risk that we’d pay for something that didn’t have a key feature or turned out to be a user-unfriendly nightmare shrank to almost zero.

What’s the Point of a Free Trial, Anyway?
Your serious prospects approach their free trials of your software with a mindset similar to mine circa 2000-something: they want to reduce the likelihood of buying something that doesn’t work.
They’ve got a problem to solve, they’ve discovered that your app might solve it for them, but they’re not yet certain that your app will be quite right. The free trial is a chance for new users to see for themselves what it’s like to use your app.
But. It’s not up to your free trial users to figure out how your SaaS app actually works. It’s not your new users’ job to figure out how your app will turn them into a better version of themselves.
It’s yours.
Too many SaaS apps lose free trial users with erratic, boring, or vague lifecycle emails.
If you run a SaaS app in pretty much any niche, you have an enormous opportunity to outmaneuver your competitors during the free trial process.
I sign up for free trials all the time to see how they onboard new users, and most don’t do a good job. Most onboarding emails don’t make it easy to understand what to do next. Most apps leave it up to me (the brand new user) to figure out how to get started.
Why is this a problem?

Because every time you make your new readers pause and try to figure out what to do next, you create an opportunity for them to give up and just do nothing instead.
What should you say to new free trial users?
Alas, there is no single hard and set rule. Every SaaS app is unique. What you say in your free trial, how you say it, and when you deliver your message will be specific to your app.
But if your biggest problem is that you’re sending triggered emails to new free trial users but they still aren’t signing back in after the first 10 minutes of using your app, there’s a strong chance that the copy in your emails is to blame.
To fix it, pull up your emails and see if they’re are suffering from one of these 3 engagement-killing mistakes.
Your emails ask people to do too much . When you offer more choices, you inspire less action. The famous jam paper that explained the paradox of choice (and the TED talk that made it famous) showed us how we may be unintentionally taxing our prospects’ decision-making resources by offering too many choices.​

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8